It’s cold. It’s rainy. Yes, we want soup. Again! This soup is truly yummy and will satisfy our vegan friends as well. Who’s saying “Bring it on rainy days!”?
- 1 large white onion diced
- 300g white button mushrooms, sliced
- 300g baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 10 stalks of fresh thyme, leave removed
- 1 cup of organic vegetable broth
- 1 tbs tapioca flour
- 1 cup of almond or cashew milk (unsweetened)
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1/2 tbs of soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Step 1: Chop the onions and slice the mushrooms. Sauté the onions until slightly softened. Add the mushrooms and allow the mushrooms to cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Step 2: Add the fresh thyme, salt, garlic powder, bay leaves and soy sauce to the mushroom and onion mixture.
- Step 3: Mix the tapioca flour into the vegetable broth and stir well until completely combined. Pour the tapioca flour and vegetable broth slurry and the dairy free milk into the mushroom and onion mixture and allow it to come to a simmer for 15 minutes to thicken.
- Step 4: After 15 minutes, serve hot or you can blend up some of the soup with an immersion blender to thicken the soup a little more.
Put on your oldest, comfiest socks and your tattered gown. Park on the couch and simply slurp up all this deliciousness!
Recipe credit: https://bitesofwellness.com