Creamy Avocado and Spinach Pasta – a creamy sauce made with avocados, spinach, basil and pecans. A super healthy and delicious pasta dish, eat without guilt.
- 280g spaghetti dry, or fettuccine, I used semolina pasta
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup spinach fresh
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup basil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 3/4 to 1 cup pasta water
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- Cook pasta: Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Make the avocado sauce: Add the rest of the ingredients to your blender and blend until it turns into a smooth sauce. Start with 3/4 cup of pasta water and add more as needed to get the consistency you want.
- Assemble: Toss the pasta with the sauce in a bowl and serve immediately. This sauce is best served the day it is made, as it uses avocados which will turn a brownish color.
Recipe from Jo Cooks.