You won’t believe how quick and simple this is with ingredients you already have on hand! Serve with pasta and you’re set!
- 500g spaghetti
- 500g boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut crosswise in half
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup diced shallots
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine*
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Working one at a time, dredge chicken in flour.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 4-5 minutes on each side. Set aside and keep warm.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in the skillet. Add garlic and shallots, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, wine and lemon juice. Cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in heavy cream until slightly thickened, about 3-4 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in capers.
- Serve immediately with pasta and chicken, garnished with parsley, if desired.
*Additional chicken broth can be used for white wine as a non-alcoholic substitute.
Original Recipe From Damn Delicious