Personal Information About Customers Gathered By Cape Demo Appliances
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at Cape Demo Appliances.
Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our business, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses Cape Demo Appliances.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make emails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open email from Cape Demo Appliances if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of any email message you receive from Cape Demo Appliances.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide certain features and improve our business.
- The ‘Help’ portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-ons settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer..
How Do We Use Your Information
- We may use your information in a number of ways, including the following:
- In order to serve you better, we may combine the information you provide us online and in our store. We use that information to improve your overall shopping experience.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we send out email and direct mail to our online and store customers about products or events that we think may be of interest to them. We also may send you offers for discounts or free services on our site or in our stores.
- Information Sharing
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We promise not to sell your information to any third parties.
Third-Party Service Providers: We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include but are not limited to, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other companies, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the unlikely event that Cape Demo Appliances, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection Of Cape Demo Appliances And Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Cape Demo Appliances, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
Children’s Use of Cape Demo Appliances Website
Cape Demo Appliances does not sell products for purchase by children.
Terms Of Service, Notices, And Revisions
If you choose to visit Cape Demo Appliances, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the laws of South Africa.
Information You Give Us
You provide such information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order with Cape Demo Appliances or one of our third-party sellers; provide information by filling out a form; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; provide reviews. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; email addresses.
Information From Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services; search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the Web search features offered by our subsidiaries; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links).
Cape Demo Appliances, Unit 17, Tygerberg Junction Business Park, 31 Junction Road, Parow Industria, Parow, 7500. Tel: 021 951 1713.
Find Us Here:
7 Alternator Avenue
Cape Town, 7441
Tel: 021 951 1713
061 208 3098